I don’t like resolutions. They are burdensome. I do well with goals and ideas. I do really well with ideas but I live in a world of action and goals. Living in such a world I try to fit in and it works as long as I extend myself an exorbitant amount of grace and understand my progress forward and successful achievement of a goal may look different than others ideas about being successful and moving forward. That is okay.
Not all of my 13 goals are fitness oriented. That has a great deal to do with how 2012 progressed. In the past year I’ve learned that life can’t be compartmentalized. Our family has moved toward more holistic living. Healthy parts make up a healthy whole. My thirteen span all the parts that require attention for me to be a healthy whole.
Thirteen for 2013 (not in any particular order)
- Improve my photography skills
- Compete in my 2nd indoor triathlon
- Train for my first sprint triathlon – hopefully compete as well
- Be able to strongly run 13.1 miles – hopefully complete a half marathon race
- Visit Dark Sky Cabin at least 3 times
- Break free from sugar . . . again. . .
- Establish an herb garden
- Pay off one significant personal loan
- Finish my bedroom – painting etc
- Establish successful off site food garden
- Learn 2 new chords for the guitar – hopefully F & B
- Bicycle as a family at least once a week in warm weather
- Faithfully live with both feet in God’s kingdom
What would you like to do in 2013?
Keep chasing perfection, people. Eventually we are going to Catch Excellence.